Thursday, May 6, 2010

Speakeasy White Lightning Wit

This was one of the beers D picked out on our inaugural trip to Total Wine in Tustin. Higher class than Bev-Mo, more loose 12 oz which is nice, but not as much selection in the beer aisle. I like it though.

This one was interesting. It's hard to tell but this is the PALEST beer I have ever had, and yes I have had Natty Ice, Bud Ice, etc. etc.

Thank goodness that was the ONLY thing that this beer had in common with that wizzwater stuff.

It poured out with a really large head that stuck around and then all of a sudden, GONE.

It smelled of wheat, and bread, and grain, and yeast. I mean, it is a wheat beer so I wasn't expecting anything different.

The taste is where it got a little odd. Not bad odd, just odd. It had a pretty pronounced lime taste to it. I'm used to lemon in my Hef's but D agreed with me that there was defintiely a pronounced lime flavor. What was even weirder was that it worked.

We both liked it. This was one of the more grainy tasting wheats I've had too. I liked it quite a bit actually. Refreshing, low ABV. D is definitely into the wheat beers now. Saison's and wheats that's her gig. I can't complain since I like them all.

2 comments:

  1. i heart wheat beer and total wine! but blogs hate me and dont want me to log in.....its liz by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some saison dupont!!!

    ReplyDelete