Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sam Adams Noble Pils

This is another entry from our venerable brewer Sam Adams. I haven't been very impressed with what's come out of my Brewer's Pack I bought a while back. The Cream Stout? Ehh, Coastal Wheat? Double Ehh with an isn't this supposed to be different than Miller Light? The only one that has been interesting so far is the Scotch Ale. Little bit of smoked peat fading in from a sweet front end. Interesting.

Noble Pils though? Brewed with all 5 noble hops? (I thought there were only 4? Maybe that 5th makes it REALLY noble?) It's not bad. I would say light pale ale bitter with a slight citrus taste. It would be a good bbq beer. I'd definitely drink this over their staple Boston Lager any day.

So in short here is a handy guide to the Sam Adams Brewer's Pack:

Boston Lager: Ehh
Coastal Wheat: See above
Cream Stout: Hmmm, it's different but definitely not a "cream" stout. See above
Noble Pils: This is a great beer to have in one hand while you have BBQ tongs in the other.
Scotch Ale: This is great paired up with the meat you just grilled while holding the Noble Pils in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment