Thursday, July 29, 2010

Karlsberg Dunkel Weizen

This beer traveled a LOOOONG way. Yes I know it's from Germany and that is exactly where it started it's journey, a store, IN Germany. I didn't get it at Total Wine, or BevMo, or any other big box store. This beer was sent to me by our best friends in Germany. We are SO excited they are coming home and seeing their cute new addition who right now I am dubbing, The Drool Machine." Farting noises, sticky drool, and a whirlwind of flailing arms and legs she is the cutest thing.

Oh and a BIG thank you for the beer I was really excited when I saw what was inside the box. Not just one beer but three, two of them surprises that I will review later. They are a bit scary and the Germans laughed when they mentioned them and told me they hadn't tried them yet. Thanks! I think.

Well, sorry guys. This one was a dud. The flavors were muddy and muted. Can you see the huge fluffy head over there? Well I think it expended all of its bubbles right there. Carbonation was flat and there wasn't anything that was going to save this beer. There wasn't even an aroma to speak of. It was actually quite weird now that I'm trying to put words to it. I can't even describe any flavors per se because it all just kind of ran together. Watery comes to mind. Sorry Germans, I wanted to like it, and I loved it for the love that came with it, but Germany failed or the shipping failed on this one. I'll give the nod to shipping because it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment