Monday, April 19, 2010

North Coast Brewery Pranqster

Ok so I made a decision based on money and the fact that I could get this one in 12 oz bottles instead of 22's. There were 4 in the pack and I figured hey, they won MULtiple World Beer Cup awards it's gotta be good right? Note to self, don't EVER make a decision between two beers based on a couple bucks and what kind of bottle it comes in.

It's not that this Belgian golden ale was bad, it is just that it is completely bland. No character. Not in the appearance, not in the aroma, not in the taste. Boring. Boring. Boring.

So boring in fact that I almost don't want to open another to take a picture. I had one the other night and scored it without taking a picture figuring I had three others to crack open for just that purpose. I'm really kicking myself for that one. It's almost worth it to clear room in the fridge to just sacrifice one down the drain for the sake of photography. Blasphemy! I know, but my fridge room is precious.

Appearance: Golden with lots of bubbles. This is where I should have stopped because it went downhill from the true to style color

Aroma: Pretty much nothing. Oh I guess it smelled like beer, kinda.

Taste: Booooring.

Overall: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment