Monday, August 23, 2010

18 Beers "On Tap" at Our Reception

I wish I had a better picture of this sign from our reception but I pulled it from Facebook. I wasn't taking pictures the day of our reception. Though we didn't have taps, I felt like I did my duty as a "beer guy" to bring a little bit of variety to the party, to get people out of their Coors, Bud, Miller, etc. etc. shells. It's hard to see but we had 18 different options for beer + wine at our reception. Our bartender, AKA Boomer, AKA Awesome, made the sign and also brought 2 of his homebrews to share.

I know that the beer wasn't WAY out there on the craft beer side but we had a representation from nearly every style in a cooler. Chocolate Porter to Pale Ale. IPA to a sweet Amber Ale I found, and nearly everywhere in between. The only non-representative(aside from brews like lambics, geuze, etc.) I can think of was a Scotch Ale.

Boomer's homebrew is always great and I took home a case each of 22's of Chocolate Porter and his stout. I also found an amber ale from a brewing company called Trouble based out of Rochester, NY that is really good. Lost, if you're reading this, I know you like it on the sweet side so if you can get this one it's a great, cheap, mowing the lawn beer. Little bit of pear(odd), some hops(minor), good bubbles, and low ABV. It won't blow you away but I could drink a few of them.

Thank you everyone for coming out! Thanks especially to my parents for hosting and D's family for making the trek from Maui to LA to Susanville. It was a looooong one but it was so great to have the whole family under one roof. Not only did we have MY new in-laws there but my brother's wife and in-laws were there too! It was a great time. Just wish we had more of it to spend sitting on the deck talking story and watching the deer.

1 comment:

  1. Good post babe! :) Too bad I didn't have any beer that night, just some good ol fashion wine!

    ReplyDelete