Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kona Brewing Fire Rock Pale Ale


It's been 1 month and 3 days since Danielle and I were married in Hawaii. I just wanted to share two of many favorite pictures from the trip. Both of these are from the top of Haleakala volcano while we were waiting for the sunset. My wife and I to the right and my brother and I below. Haleakala is one of Danielle and I's favorite spots and we come here for the sunset ever time we make it to Maui to see her family. Next time we are hoping to hike into the crater and camp which would be awesome!



Ok well since this is supposed to be about beer of course I'll review a beer from Hawaii. Kona Brewing Fire Rock Pale Ale. We drank quite a few of these over the course of the week leading up to the wedding. I have to say I prefer them over the staple Sierra Nevada Pale Ale too. They are both good but Fire Rock has got a subtle sweetness to it that makes it that much more nuanced. Not quite as bitter and definitely a good choice if you can get the variety pack at Costco with their Longboard Lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment