Thursday, August 12, 2010

Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale

Deschutes Brewing is probably my favorite brewery of all time simply because I grew up around it. We have a communal house there between three families and I've been skiing at Mt. Bachelor since I was 3 years old. I've reviewed some of the beers here on the blog( The Abyss, Hoptrip, Hop Henge) and over the years I've had just about everything they have to offer short of the seasonals that were one shot wonders when I wasn't old enough to drink. I probably had some of those too although it was long before I actually appreciated it. 

This beer was a gift from my mom. Love you Mom! There were 6 of these beauties waiting for D and I when we got to our INCREDIBLE house in the mountains of Maui. We stayed at a spa where we had the ENTIRE house to ourselves. What a view. We watched storms roll in, the fog and mist that D and I love so much, and stood out on the balcony overlooking the island as warm rain come down on the lights below.

After that description of the setting this beer couldn't help but be good. It was! Crisp, bright, without being to acidic. A little lime, orange, citrus. Not too many bubbles. A perfect summer ale. This would definitely be my go to light beer if I could get it year round but alas it is a summer seasonal.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one too! Actually it's probably one of my favs of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome picture, makes me want the beer more

    ReplyDelete