Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ale Smith Yule Smith Holiday Ale

This is a seasonal that Ale Smith brews twice a year. The summer is a DIPA, which is what we have here, and the Winter is a double red.

This brew comes by way of she who was once called, "The Jew, or The Vegan," but who forever more will now be called, "The Cheegan." Cheese is her achilles heel on her quest to keep all little animals happy and breathing. I can always count on her for a new IPA and one day she MIGHT do a guest review. I'm thinking she is dodging me. It IS hard to compete with such a literary master such as myself. Riiiight. It's beer, and words. As long as you don't have too much beer before writing words it usually works out ok.

Check the head out on that monster. "It's so fluffy!" A strong golden color this had some pine, and some citrus like most IPA's and Cheegan said she smelled something else she couldn't define. Could it be, beer? It's usually me that's saying I smell something weird but I didn't get it this time.

Not too bitter with pine, citrus, pear, and a little breadiness too.

It's a DIPA. It was chewy, love it. Not too many bubbles, fantastic. 9.5 ABV? Really? Couldn't tell, balanced.

Nice solid selection although I can't wait till the winter double red! I've really been on a maltier kick lately and the double reds I've had have been killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment