Saturday, January 30, 2010

La Chouffe... It Has a Gnome, How Cool is That?

Hands down one of my all time favorite beers. Though it sports a gnome on its label this beer clocks in at 8% ABV so it's not a light drinker. That little gnome can come back to bite you in the ass if you have a few too many of these, and it's easy to do. This beer is just smooth. Perfectly balanced malt and hops, lending more towards the malty side but not too sweet that it becomes cloying. There's some citrus hiding in the slightly cloudy golden pour as well as a bit of peach mingling with that yeast haze. This is a great beer to introduce novice beer drinkers to Belgian style and slightly higher alcohol. I gave my brother, normally a Miller Light guy, one of these and he was in heaven. I find myself coming back to this one even when there are untried beers at my local pub. It's that good

No comments:

Post a Comment