Ok so about me (assuming someone is ACTUALLY reading this)...
I'm going to do this in list form because:
a) I like lists (I'm OCD and I like to check things off) Feel free to make mental checks, or use a dry erase on your screen, NOT a Sharpie.
b) I think it's more interesting
1) I teach teenagers about science. Do they listen? Mostly not. I didn't initially set out to do this but it allows me to pursue passions
2) I love food. Despite the fact that I grew up in a family MP considers health nuts. (Bread was outlawed from my home for a while because of the Atkins diet)
3) I think I should have been born Asian because it's my favorite cuisine.
4) I'll try anything once. Well maybe not balut. Something about eating half developed bird fetuses with a tea spoon just isn't appetizing to me.
5) I'm a scientist who should have been a chef. How things are made is fascinating to me
6) Most importantly I love wine and I love beer. I'm not a snob, I'll drink it from a box, it's actually the best way (more on that in a later post). I'll drink beers with the word "Lite" or "Light" on it. But just like anything why settle for just mediocre imitations of the real thing?
7) I'll admit it, I'm a little jealous of all the people's blogs that I read. I'd like to have mine followed too. I think when I get my first follower beyond my fiancee I might just have to buy a special bottle to toast to the fact that someone besides myself just might think I'm interesting. MP doesn't count because she HAS to pretend I'm interesting.
Well that was just a quick hit synopsis of my interests obviously. Hopefully I'll get better and MAYBE someone will read this but if not at least I'll have put my thoughts, pairings, ratings, and recipes in a central location.
Next up, mine and MP's New Year's/3 year anniversary dinner at The Old Vine Cafe in Cost Mesa at The Camp. Soooo much wine and great food!