Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Maui Brewing Coconut Porter

This beer holds a special place in my heart as it is one of the beers that will be served at D and I's wedding at Haiku Mills in Maui. I cannot wait for July 15th when I can call her my wife. I'm going to go all mushy here so skip the next 3 lines if you don't want to be bowled over by my sentiments.

D is the best thing that ever happened to me and I credit her to opening my eyes to the culinary world that I have come to love and appreciate in ways I never thought possible for reasons only few know. Ok I'm done.

On to the beer! Oh the beer, lovely lovely beer. Have you ever been dissappointed by advertising and marketing claims?

The Flowbee?
 
 Perhaps The Fishpen?

Unlike this beer they promise things that they don't deliver. This is called a Coconut Porter because it actually does have a coconut taste to it. Shocking right? Double Chocolate Stout? MMMmm sounds so good, not much chocolate there. Cappuchino Stout? Again, MMMmm, barely a buzz. But Maui Brewing delivers with this one. A not too sweet or cloying aftertaste of clean coconut. Not much carbonation and a dark chocolate brown topped with a tan head. The body is light and silky for a stout and even non-stout lovers should like this one, as long as they like coconut. It comes in a 4 pack of cans and the only thing I can think of that's wrong with it is that the fist holding the coconut? For some reason I always envision a beating heart in his hand for some reason. Morbid I know but glance at the picture and see if you see what I see. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment