Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Speakeasy Double Daddy IPA

SOoo do you think this is a full pour? At least the YardHouse got SOMEthing right besides their food because they certainly screwed the pooch on their beer selection. How do you have THAT many taps, be THAT large, and have me strike out on 4 different beers? They were out of them! Out? How are you out? I mean, I picked the most interesting(read non traditional beers) on your menu and you're out? I know there are not that many people in this place that come here to drink things that are "interesting" because there are better places for that then here. We come here for the happy hour food(Awesome Half Price!).

With that being said Speakeasy made me a convert. I was a little turned off by their packaging in the store but I liked what I've had by accident with their White Lightning Wit. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't take it seriously. I passed on their beers multiple times in the store. I'm glad that this was my fifth choice at YardHouse.

This was a BIG, FILLING, DIPA. I mean, they are normally but this one had huge body. It came out with NO head, or maybe there was just no head because it overflowed since it was filled to the tip top. Surprisngly there was very little aroma. A little pine, a tad citrusy, otherwise pretty unremarkable.

First sip though, woah, wasn't sure if I was finishing this one, it was big. This was definitely a pinecone with some alcohol to back it up. 9.5 ABV but .it was hidden decently. This was chewy like I said. I like doubles though because I hate thin beer. Doubles also seem to be less carbonated which is good too. Too many bubbles reminds me of Bud, Miller, etc. etc.

Good beer, not a go to as a DIPA I still love the Hop Henge from Deschutes. I don't see how that one is EVER getting dethroned

No comments:

Post a Comment