Friday, February 12, 2010

Beer Snobs at Superbowl and a New Pale Ale

Is it a rule at Superbowl parties that the only beer you are allowed to drink must end with the word "light" or "lite"? I was actually called a beer snob for bringing a Sam Adams Brewer's pack over.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who appreciates something more than yellow fizzy water.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of this excellent Pale Ale from Pyramid Brewing. Pyramid's new seasonal pale ale "Fling" is a pretty good addition to their lineup. A little less hoppy than their Thunderhead IPA it's a nice bridge for anyone who doesn't like IPA levels of bitterness but wants something with more bite than one of those wizz water beers. Nice aroma of hoppy spice on the nose and a clear golden hue with a decent head. Hopefully this one will become a consistent member of Pyramid's rotation.

If you read my review on their "Audacious" Apricot Ale I would put my vote in to scrap the fruity and replace it with pale.

No comments:

Post a Comment