Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fancy Beer...Wing Walker Pale Ale

My college roommate and friend(The Lawyer) moving in virtually next door is either a great thing or a dangerous one depending on how you look at it. Great thing, best friend next door means man time, games, talking about politics, cigars, beer, whiskey, scotch. Dangerous thing, best friend next door with scotch, whiskey, and as he called it, "fancy beer" which was a leftover from Super Bowl. There has been more than a few times that I have done the long walk home after one too many of any of the aforementioned drinks. Ok, so long is relative, it's probably 200 yards, but when you walk 200 yards NOT in a straight line it gets longer!
On to the "fancy beer" which The Lawyer says it's my duty to drink. So drink I shall.
R.J. King Wing Walker Pale Ale from City Brewing Company in Wisconsin. I liked the label, made it look sophisticated. Sophisticated AND fancy I'm moving up in the world here. Too bad the taste didn't live up to it's moniker. This beer was neither high flying nor, daring. It was pretty pedestrian. Aside from the huge head that lasted forever and the nice clear reddish amber hue the beer just wasn't a standout. The flavors were a bit muddled. Little bit of citrus and pine on the nose but not much. All in all? I drank it.

No comments:

Post a Comment